The team at Fishbone Safety is frequently asked, “How did you come up with a fishbone for your logo?” The founders of the Fishbone Cos. wanted a logo that symbolized the core of its business principle, providing effective solutions to the staffing, safety and project management needs of the oil and gas industry.
There is a root cause analysis diagram (commonly called a fishbone), which was created by Kaoru Ishikawa, a Japanese university professor and industrial process quality management innovator, in 1968. This fishbone chart helps to visually display the many potential causes for a specific problem as well as the effects. People, by nature, often like to get right to determining what to do about a problem. This can help produce a more thorough exploration of the issue(s), which will lead to a more robust solution.
Beyond the logo and name that embody solutions, what most people may not realize is the experience and international expanse of Fishbone Safety Solutions’ capacities. Fishbone Solutions was founded in 1999 by three men with 75 combined years of engineering and oil and gas experience, providing project management to upstream, midstream and downstream operations. Fishbone Safety was added in 2006. The two divisions branched out into separate companies in 2010.
Worldwide services, resources
Fishbone Safety Solutions provides safety personnel, occupational medical services, training, hydrogen sulfide (H2S) services and auditing resources to a majority of the major owners/operators throughout the world — both onshore and offshore. Regions include the United States, Gulf of Mexico, Nicaragua, Israel, Equatorial Guinea, China, Kurdistan and South Korea, to name a few.
The company’s degreed and nondegreed experienced safety professionals are available to work worldwide to exceed your requirements, whether in the oil field, petrochemical plants, pipelines, construction projects or disaster and emergency response. Fishbone Safety Solutions will provide the right individual with the appropriate training, certifications and experience necessary for your particular project needs.
Who’s evaluating your confined space rescue personnel? Do your current rescue team members know the hazards they must consider to ensure their safety and the safety of others? With great success in upstream and midstream markets, Fishbone Safety Solutions is expanding its existing safety services to include confined space rescue standby. Fishbone Safety Solutions’ seasoned confined space rescue personnel understand the unique challenges and hazards that exist, from training through preparation to implementing the multihazard response plan. Fishbone Safety Solutions’ confined space rescue team members are multitasked professionals, providing initial and ongoing performance evaluations at every job.
Full line of industrial testing services
Fishbone Safety Solutions provides a full line of industrial testing services that includes:
• Drug screening — DOT and Non-DOT drug testing including DISA, First Advantage, Forward Edge, PTC (Pipeline Testing Consortium) and ASAP Drug Solutions Inc. collections; one-source toxicology; 10 rapid/quick urine testing; hair follicle collections; and an approved, certified TPA (third-party administrator) collection site.
• Breath alcohol testing — DOT and non-DOT breath alcohol testing as well as certified breath alcohol technicians.
• Physical examinations — Pre-placement, non-DOT physicals; employer defined, non-DOT physicals; periodic/annual exams; and DOT physicals.
• Blood draw.
• Audiometric testing — Council for Accreditation in Occupational Hearing Conservation certified technicians conduct testing that meets ANSI standards for audiometers.
• Pulmonary function testing — OSHA/National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health approved spirometers, an in-house physician to review MEQ (modified essay questions) evaluation; ANSI classifications issued to each employee.
• Respiratory fit testing — Full and half face masks available.
• Electronic Document Management System — Data is accessible 24/7 with controlled user access and flexible reporting.
• Supplied air training — Training includes self-contained breathing apparatus, supplied air respirators, bottle watch and egress bottle as well as hands on and written exams during classes that are offered three times a day (10 a.m., 1 p.m. and 3 p.m.).
Fishbone Safety Solutions has earned a reputation for maintaining a stable, experienced labor pool to support its projects. Combined with a superior orientation and training program, the high caliber of its personnel and service is easily recognizable in the field.
“Zero is not just a goal; it’s an acceptable level of performance,” said Fishbone Safety Solutions Owner/President Billy Cain. By adopting safety as a culture and core value — in thinking and action, not just an expected routine or job task — the company has maintained a history of zero incidents, with an EMR of .85.
When safety counts, count on Fishbone Safety Solutions.
For more information, visit www.fishbonesafetysolutions.com or call (281) 476-9888, or contact Vice President of Business Development Alisha Nash at Alisha.Nash@fishbonesafety.com or Industrial Safety & Rescue Manager Bo Atkinson at Bo.Atkinson@fishbonesafety.com.