What sets Wood Group Field Services above the rest? Staying ahead of the competition by investing in training for its millwrights as well as offering training to Wood Group Field Services’ customers.
Wood Group Field Services offers training to its customers to help meet the manpower demand in the oil and gas markets. For its customers, this training is offered but not limited to: millwrights, engineers, maintenance leads, mechanics and specialists as well as operators. To inquire about a class, contact Gulf Coast Sales Manager Steve Dennison at (713) 472-3444.
Thus far, there are four courses offered: reciprocating compressor; reverse, rim and face, 16 point and laser shaft alignment; steam turbine and ISO carbon seal (classroom and hands on). Course details include:
• Reciprocating compressor training — A three-day course that explains every aspect of a reciprocating compressor from compressor cylinders to the running gear.
• Shaft alignment training — A two-day course that provides an in-depth explanation of alignment. Reverse, rim and face, 16 point and laser alignment is offered.
• Steam turbine training — A two-day course that provides complete disassembly and reassembly, setting the governor as well as the trip mechanism.
• ISO carbon seal training — A three-day course that explains every aspect of changing an ISO carbon seal in the field. The course also teaches the basics for changing any mechanical seal in the field.
With the manpower demand increasing in the oil and gas markets, Wood Group Field Services has applied a three-month program for bringing new millwrights into the business for the past five years. This involves training these individuals on tooling preparation and safety equipment for upcoming projects. They also work with journeymen in the shop where they overhaul rotating equipment. During the three-month timeline, if they observe safety, have a high quality of work, show up on time each day and have passed the four courses, the company sponsors them into the Millwright Apprenticeship Program. At that time, the individuals are put on jobs in the field for further development.
“Staying ahead of the game plays a vital role in staying ahead of the competition and providing safe and quality craftsmen to the industry,” said Wood Group Field Services Vice President of Texas Operations John Hanks.
Wood Group Field Services offers services associated with the following:
• Reciprocating compressors
• Centrifugal compressors
• Gas turbines, steam turbines and hydro turbines
• Industrial engines
• New construction
For more information, visit www.woodgroupfs.com or call (800) 639-3523.